Fire up the kb’s

So, on Monday and Tuesday evening I started recording first keyboards.. Don’t know why, but I decided to start from pianos. I use Kurzweil pc3k7 that I bought as a b-stock from Thomann, that’s absolutely the best for pianos of those equipments that I have. Things didn’t start so smoothly, first glitch was my iPad mini not connecting to Pro tools…duh, the software that’s doing the work was not running…and when it was running it said to me that this one’s outdated, download a new one…

So, after a while of downloading and installing, I was up to speed…untill my Pro Tools decided that it’s not using any of my 6 cores and froze completely showing 100% cpu usage in its own performance monitor… So a reboot, bit fiddling with bios to make sure all the cores are unlocked all the time and we’re back on…untill Waves plugins decided that my computer id had changed and licenses are not on my machine. So I had to use my once-a-year-save-my-licenses-thingie that Waves has implemented and then I send angry email to them, this was not the first time it happened… And on Tuesday, two blue screens of death… After finishing up for that day, I started uninstalling recent apps that I had acquired, might be one of those…

In the end, I somehow managed to do pianos for a bunch of songs, some are still needed and probably I’m going to re-record some of them later, since I might have been bit rusty at the beginning… Or not, let’s see and hear 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *